Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2008


(CSUDH f.s. '08 @ Pendola)

'08 is when it all began for me... Field schools. I spent two weeks doing archaeological survey near Frazier Park (where I would later live for a year) and two weeks learning excavation in Pendola (far outside of Santa Barbara with the flies).



(L to R: Mike @ Painted Rock, Santa Barbara, Dan "El Mateo" Reeves also @ Painted Rock, Rock Art @ undisclosed location :), and Mike shredding on guitar in Frazier Park)

Mike introduced me to Cadie, and she later got me the gig in Big Bear for another 5 weeks, yep, nine weeks total. Before that summer, the longest I camped was for three days and two nights.




(L to R: Campsite @ Holcomb Valley, Cave @ Joshua Tree (group outing), excavation @ Clapboard Town, UCLA survey crew '08)

No comments:

Post a Comment