Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week four, I'm so tired!

Hi friends!

In case you didn't notice, I added a few pictures to my last post... Anywho, week four was good, but I am really looking forward to re-entering the real world again. I kind of feel like the next time I fill the water tanks and solar showers... I might just snap!


(water buffalo (most boring way to waste an hour and a half every day of my camp life (ugh)))

Okay, I wont snap, everything is still going well. I almost cant even remember the daily goings on of the past week, because we're kind of on auto-pilot at this point, and nobody is causing any chaos. Amazing. Really. Good thing I've taken some pictures! Let's see, let's see... It rained this week! Thunder, lightening, the whole thing. It was beautiful and made everything smell great. The excavators were hard at work, some better prepared than others:



Cadie and I started the week with the usual crazy, day-long shopping spree. I hate to call it a "spree," because that makes it sound like we had "fun." And it is, a little, but MAN it's a loooooong day of shlepping tons of food across the i.e. and up the mountain. Tuesday, we went into town and went to the farmer's market, etc. I'm still loving that. Strawberries, mmm........



On Wednesday, we got a visit from Dr. Robertshaw, the chair of the anthropology department and Mike, my fab boyfriend. Cadie made Tom Yum soup, it was sooooo good! Here are some of the ingredients:



Friday was very eventful. A group of students and staff from San Manuel came up to show the kids around. They sang bird songs, bear songs, and big horned sheep songs, led by James Ramos.



It was so fun to talk to kids again, I was dying to hear what they were reading! Cadie and some of the students baked them cookies. I lined then up meticulously. We all have our strengths.



Friday night was the best. The students celebrated Kim's 21st birthday (but unlike the kids (in)famous party last year, it ACTUALLY was her 21st) by eating pizza and playing beer pong, true hallmarks of the college exerience...


(appropriately blurry)


(Mike and Dan, Steve and Brit)


(Ali, Brooke, Carrie and her hat, Kim, and Vanessa)

All in all, a good week. It was great getting to know the students a little better, and Cadie and I made a lot of good food! Last week starts right about... NOW! I'm excited, I'll let you know how it goes! :)

2 comments:

  1. one more week! i'm glad that you're finally coming home but i'm sad that the blog might end. i love reading your life's commentary and pictures (and i would even if i wasn't your crazy, gay for you, hypnotized by your magic, boyfriend.) anyways, i want those cookies in my belly now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!? Why did i never take up your offer to camp with you? food looked great, loved the pics, hope your last week was great :)

    ReplyDelete